Aloha Installing LANA
This section will explain how to start setting up a terminal tablet fresh from the box.
|Checklist for Aloha OS (Credit to u/dauphin2 on reddit.)|
|Disable IP v6 in LAN properties. (Windows 7/2008 also disable in registry)|
|Disable Power Management on NIC|
|Disable Flow Control on NIC|
|Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP|
|Change Duplex if applicable|
|Disable DHCP Media Sense –HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters > DWORD “DisableDHCPMediaSense” Value should be 1|
|Disable IPv6 - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/services/TCPIP6/Parameters > DWORD “DisabledComponents” Value should be 0|
|(Windows 7/2008) Disable Client Side Caching (CSC/Offline Caching) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/services/CSC > DWORD “Start” Value should be 4|
|(Windows 7/2008) When mixing with XP terminals change NewSmb to 0. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\netbt\Parameters > DWORD “UseNewSmb” Value should be 0 Local Security Policy - Local Policies/Security Options > LAN manager authentication level to “Send LM & NTLM use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated”.|
|(Windows XP/7/2008) Fix “Out of Resources” error HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management > DWORD “LargeSystemCache” Value should be 1
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters > DWORD “Size” Value should be 3
|(Windows 7/2008) Disable File Caching HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters>DWORD
FileInfoCacheLifetime FileNotFoundCacheLifetime DirectoryCacheLifetime - Value for all should be “0”
|Disable DEP (Windows 7/2008 Bcdedit.exe /set nx AlwaysOff)|
|Disable Simple File Sharing|
|Disable Firewall (Server leave on, but exclude proper ports)|
|Disable Hard Drive Write Caching|
|Workgroup should be the same across all PC’s We use IBERTECH. The PC name should be ALOHA|
|Disable power management (Standby, Hibernation, Hard Disks)|
|Recommended - Disable System Restore|
|Recommended - Disable Windows Automatic Updates (Server set to “Download Updates but allow user to install)|
|Recommended - Disable Internet Time synchronization on terminals|
|Recommended - Disable Indexing service|
|Recommended - Disable Computer Browser service|
|Recommended - Virtual Space (Pagefile) should be set to system managed, not custom|
|Type netplwiz into Windows search and uncheck "users must use password to sign in".|
This section will explain how to install Aloha onto a terminal (Do this at the location the terminal is staying at)
1. Insert a USB into the docking station that has the Aloha Term Tab Install folder on it.
2. Go to the network adapter settings and change the name of the network you are on (wifi or LAN) to ALOHA.
3. In the Aloha Term Tab Install folder, run the Aloha Network Config file as admin. Type in ALOHA since you renamed the network connector already and it should say Operation Successful.
4. Set up the IP to be on the same as the other devices and the last octet should be set to 100 + the number of the terminal you are setting up. Reboot.
5. In the Aloha Term Tab Install folder, run the SetupTrm file in troubleshoot compatibility mode > Troubleshoot program > I don't see my problem > Windows xp (service pack 3) > I don't see my problem > test the program.
6. Install options should be set accordingly to the terminal you are setting up. Unless it is a master terminal the server and master capable settings should be unchecked. Switch the TableService to QuickService and check the Double Click option. make sure the server name is EXACTLY as the servers actual name. Fill out the rest accordingly. Click ok and restart the device.
7. After the reboot, be sure to quickly cancel the command prompt that will appear before it executes the command list. type run into windows search and press enter. Type Shell:startup in the prompt and press enter. Copy the IBER config file onto the desktop and rename it to Restart ALOHA, and then change the icon for it to the one in the backgrounds&icons folder in Aloha Term Tab Install.
8. Right click and edit the file by adding the command Ping 127.0.0.1 -n 6 to the top of the document. Save the file and run it as an admin. It will restart a few times and each time it restarts be ready to close the command prompt before it finishes and then keep running the Restart ALOHA file as an admin until it works. (It should restart 2 or 3 times)