Disable Windows 10 Updates
Disable Windows Update Service
1. Press the Windows logo key + R at the same time to invoke the Run box.
2. Type services.msc and press Enter.
3. Scroll down to Windows Update, and double-click it. 4. In Startup type, select Disabled. Then click Apply and OK to save the settings.
Change the Setting of the Group Policy Editor
1. Press the Windows logo key + R then type gpedit.msc and click OK.
2. Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update.
3. Double-click Configure Automatic Updates.
4. Select Disabled in Configured Automatic Updates on the left, and click Apply and OK to disable the Windows automatic update feature.
Change the way of Windows 10 Updates Using Registry
1. Use the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run command.
2. Type regedit, and click OK to open the Registry. Browse the following path:
3. Right-click the Windows (folder) key, select New, and then click Key.
4. Name the new key WindowsUpdate and press Enter.
5. Right-click the newly created key, select new, and click Key.
6. Name the new key AU and press Enter. Inside the newly created key, right-click on the right side, select New, and click on DWORD (32-bit) Value.
7. Name the new key AUOptions and press Enter. Double-click the newly created key and change its value to 2. It's for "Notify for download and notify for install". Click OK.
8. Close the Registry to complete the task.