Blase's Script (Powershell): wget https://cutt.ly/DBAloha -outfile C:\Users\ALOHA\Desktop\AlohaSetup.bat
Windows 10 Tablet Install
1. Go through the Windows 10 install on the device. Do not add anything extra, only Windows. Make sure to skip the step that has you connect to a network and make the user ALOHA with the password as pos6101. The Security Questions should be:
Q. Where were you born? A. Conway, Q. Where did you graduate? A. Vanderbilt, and Q. What was your childhood nickname? A. The Butcher Boy.
2. Connect to a network, preferably a similar one to the network the tablet will be staying on like DBLB.
3. Rename the wireless adapter to ALOHA.
4. Go to the properties of the new ALOHA adapter and change to IPV4 address to 192.168.1.10* where * is the terminal number this tablet will be, eg. Term7 = 192.168.1.107
The subnet mask will auto fill when clicked on, and the gateway needs to be 192.168.1.1
The DNS needs to be set to 188.8.131.52 and the alternative needs to be 184.108.40.206
5. Click done and then look for the IPV6 option on the list of properties for the ALOHA adapter, disable this.
6. Right click on the task bar and remove the Show Task View button and the Show People on the taskbar. Add the Show touch keyboard button. Also, download Google Chrome and add it to the task bar along with File Explorer. Turn on screen rotation lock.
6. Go to Device Manager for Windows and look for the Network Adapters. Find the one you will be using on the list and disable flow control. On tablets that are not Touch Dynamic you may also find an option for Power Management, this needs to be set to disabled as well.
7. Go to the Registry Editor for Windows. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services in this directory you will need to find Tcpip\Parameters. Within the Parameters registry create a DWORD DisableDHCPMediaSense and change the value to 1. The following will be the same set in a format as followed:
"Tcpip\Parameters - DWORD - DisableDHCPMediaSense 1"
Tcpip6\Parameters - DWORD - DisableComponents 0
CSC - DWORD - Start 4
NetBT\Parameters - DWORD - UseNewSmb 0
LanmanServer\Parameters - DWORD - Size 3
LanmanWorkstation\Parameters - DWORD - FileInfoCacheLifetime 0
LanmanWorkstation\Parameters - DWORD - FileNotFoundCacheLifetime 0
LanmanWorkstation\Parameters - DWORD - DirectoryCacheLifetime 0
The last one is in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management - DWORD - LargeSystemCache 1
Finally open up Local Security Policy and go to Local Policies\Security Options and find the Network Security: LAN Manager authentication level. Double click and set it to Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated.
8. open Command Prompt as admin and use the command Bcdedit.exe /set nx AlwaysOff to disable Windows DEP.
9. Open File Explorer and go to the View tab, and click Options. Click the View tab and uncheck the box Use Sharing Wizard (Recommended)
10. Disable Windows Firewall.
11. In File Explorer and right click the hard drive and click the properties. Go to the Hardware tab, then pick your hard drive and click properties. In the General tab click Change Settings. Go to the Policies tab and uncheck the Enable write caching on the device.
12. Go to the Windows Power & Sleep Settings. make sure everything is set to never. Now, go too additional power settings and choose the Change when the computer goes to sleep, and click the Change advanced power settings. Make sure all sleep options are set to never and all of the Power buttons and lid options are set to Do nothing.
13. Type run into the Windows search option and type in services.msc. Look for Windows Update and the startup type needs to be set to disabled. Also, disable Windows Time, and finally disable Windows Search.
14. Go to the date and time settings and click the Date,Time, and regional formatting button at the bottom. At the bottom of that page click the Additional date, time, and regional settings. Click the Date and Time and pick the Internet Time tab, Change Settings... and uncheck the Synchronize with an Internet time server.
14. Go to Advanced System Settings and click the settings in the Performance section. Go to the Advanced tab and click Change in the Virtual Memory section. Uncheck the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives, and make sure System managed Size is marked. Choose to restart later.
15. Using the Windows search function, search for Netplwiz and uncheck the User must enter a user name and password to use this computer and hit apply.
16. Install Screen connect.
17. Using the Local Group Policy Editor, go to Administrative Templates>Windows Components>Edge UI and double click the Allow edge swipe and disable it. Then, go back to Windows Components>Event Log Service>Security and edit the Specify the maximum log file size (KB). Enable the policy and increase the Maximum Log Size (KB) to 419420.
18. Change the workgroup to IBERTECH and the computer name to Term# with # being whatever terminal number this is. When prompted, accept the restart.
19. Connect a flash drive with the Aloha Term Tab Install on it and drag it onto the desktop. open it up and set the background from the Background&Icons folder. Drag the aloha-network-config app onto the desktop.
20. In the Aloha Term Tab Install run the PreReq Non-NCR HW app as admin. Then run the aloha-network-config app as admin as well. When prompted for the name of the Aloha network adapter type ALOHA and press enter.
21. In the Aloha Term Tab Install folder run the SetupTrm app in troubleshoot compatibility mode. go through the prompts in the following order: Troubleshoot Program, I don't see my problem listed, Windows XP (Service Pack 3), I don't see my problem listed, Test the program... Aloha Installation Type needs to be QuickService. Master Capable and Server Capable need to be unchecked and Double Click needs to be checked. Reboot when prompted to.
22. Close the command prompt that launches before it has time to execute. Using the Windows search function, type run and press enter. Using Run, type Shell:startup. Copy the IBERCFG.BAT and paste it onto the desktop. Change the icon of it to the icon in the Background&Icon folder inside of the Aloha Term Tab Install folder. Edit the BAT file and add the lines: ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5, ipconfig /flushdns, and ping alohaboh to the top. Save and close the file.
23. Go to File Explorer and go to the properties of the hard drive. Go to the Sharing tab and click Advanced Sharing. Click Add... and in the Enter the object names to select box put ALOHA and then click Check Names and click OK. Do this again and instead of ALOHA input everyone. Allow Full Control for both groups.
24. Go to Display Settings and change the resolution to 1024 x 768 and turn rotation lock on.
24. Finally, Run the IBERCFG.BAT as admin and it will start pulling all the files it needs, this will cause it to reboot a couple of times. Each time it reboots close the prompt before it finishes executing and run the IBERCFG as admin just to be sure until it launches correctly.